Just watched Quentin Taratino’s new film, Django Unchained (the D is silent) today. I don’t even know where to begin so here are my ten thoughts on Django Unchained for better or worse:
1. I’ve seen just about all of Quentin Taratino’s films with my least favorite being Reservoir Dogs and my favorite film being Pulp Fiction.
2. Easy observation: the look of the film was nice
3. The violence in Taratino’s films continues to escalate and I don’t know why he continues to emphasize it in his films. Totally unnecessary.
4. Much has been made of the N-word. It was plentiful and rolled off most tongues quite naturally. I didn’t have a problem with it since the film is set two years prior to the Civil War and was historically appropriate
5. Kerry Washington’s role as Django’s wife was rather small. I only noticed her because she stars in ABC’s Scandal
6. The ending was a dues ex machina. I’m sorry, it just was
7. For a sensitive subject like slavery, the movie didn’t enlighten me much for that time period
8. Samuel L. Jackson knows he can look very, very mean even in make-up *lol*
9. Leonardo DiCaprio’s performance in here was quite memorable
10. Overall feelings for the film? Kind of neutral. It’s not a movie I plan to gush about or run out to watch again
Pic swiped from Wikipedia