Here are the specifics for TBR day as I think we’ve ironed out the details. For my new people – TBR are those books that are still waiting to be read. Our goal is to focus more time on our TBR stockpiles that have accumulated over the years. Some readers are already doing this which is great. Some of us need incentive and like doing this as a group and that would be me. We had a good turn out as far as participants go so on with the details:
- TBR day will be held on the third Wednesday of every month
- You are to pick at least one book out of your TBR pile to read and review
- Format is flexible just make sure your title indicates in some variation of TBR Day (TBR Wed, copyright year, etc)
- There are no penalties for not participating as this is a month to month thing; join when you can
- I am adding an incentive and that is a $100 gift certificate (Amazon or Fictionwise) for the reader who completes this project without skipping a month. Note: if there is more than one reader, there will be a drawing
- Edited to add: I had originally stated anything from 2006 and back but we will go with 2007 and back
Since my blog had some technical difficulties I do not have a list of all the participants so please send me your links when this project starts in March 08 or leave a comment. It is optional if you would like to link to other participants on your own blog but I would need a link to keep track of who is participating. If I am leaving anything out or if you have any questions, please leave a comment on this post. Thanks. Remember: this is supposed to be fun and hopefully at the end of it all, I’d be interested in knowing how many books you’ve managed to read out of your TBR pile and if you’ve met your goal[if you set any].