I’ve been reading since high school and some of you, probably longer than that. I just have a few questions for the readers and if your an author who wears her “reader hat”, by all means answer these questions, too.
1. Does it bother you so much if the couple represented by the author do not seem compatible together yet the author ends their story with a happy ending?
2. What type of endings are over the top for you? Having them get married and seeing that they’ve had five kids with one on the way?
3. What are some of your likes and dislikes about the romance genre? Do you really enjoy the trilogy?
4. What authors—-to you—nail down the journey or the exploration of the relationship that is somewhat realistic?
Why do you like Catherine Anderson?
6. How are you offsetting the high costs of paperback novels? Buying used? [hand raised]
7. How important is word of mouth? Does it only apply only to new authors?
8. Does an author’s behavior online turn you permanently off to their work?
9. Do you think publishers do sacrifice quality for quantity?
10. Do you find publisher’s deceptive? Out to get your money by any means necessary?
11. Are you interested in ebooks? Or you hope the trend dies a lonely death?
12. Name some top writers for you that are not blockbuster names.
13. Will romantic suspense authors ever balance suspense and romance?
This is just a fun exercise as I have nothing else to blog about right now.